Monday, August 17, 2009

Infant Cereal

Does it seem ridiculous to anyone but me that doctors would recommend anything "fortified" for a breastfed baby? Does it seem ridiculous to anyone but me to recommend vitamins for a newborn? Breastmilk is the perfect food, designed by God to be all that a baby needs. Why do the doctors try to make us give crap to our babies?

Here is a great blog about baby food and rice cereal. I plan to give Owen real food from the start - rich, potent with nutrients, superfoods. This seems so obvious to me. I don't know why people don't get it:

http://weightoftheevidence.blogspot.com/2005/10/infant-feeding-myths.html

2 comments:

  1. Yes!! It seems outrageous to me that people would be reccommending vitimans especially for ebf babies! Or ( not that it's wrong or anything like that) when moms are so hardcore about breastfeeding, and then start them on jarred baby food. I understand if your traveling or something you might have to, but even then there are ways to get around it if you need too.. - I want to do a pretty " raw " diet for her for as long as I can. I am planning to make her baby food. She is only about 4.5 months now, I will probably wait until she is 6+ months to start her on foods. I want her to stay as interested in my boobies as long as possible! :-) I"m loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think fortified foods should be only used for those babies that might otherwise have a deficiency. Maybe a momma who's not healthy enough to provide all the nutrition for a baby...? Believe it or not, most doctors recieve less than three hours of nutritional training in medical school. Sad, huh?

    ReplyDelete